Renowned fashion analyst Alexander Khilkevich spoke about the main trends in men's fashion for the future fall-winter season:
1. As I have already noted, the main trend of men's fashion today is tailoring, thanks to which we have returned to the active use of the classic assortment. Therefore, we will see sets with single and double-breasted jackets, blazers, classic coats, frock coats, suit trousers not only in formal office collections, but also in youth lines of the street trend.
The sharpness of such solutions will be given by functional additions: puffy jackets (often very short), hoodies, unloading vests, removable hoods, massive scarves, trekking boots, high outdoor boots and a variety of hats undergoing a new takeoff (insulated panama hats, baseball caps, caps, berets, knitted hats and helmets).
2. Trousers will be the main field for experimentation. Both classic trousers of exaggerated length, gathered at the bottom with an accordion, and very short trousers of a tapered shape will be in fashion. Pants with high and low waistlines, as well as trousers with wide cuffs will remain relevant. At the same time, overly tight pants and skinny jeans will go out of fashion.
3. The enthusiasm for the stylistics of the working uniform will continue. Fashion will play with the outfit of a locksmith, painter, mechanic, carpenter, farmer. The well-known warm check shirts and cargo style will become the main hits of this trend. Numerous patch pockets inherent in the cargo style will be not only on street jackets, parks, vests, paramilitary overalls and voluminous trousers, but also on classic trousers that are worn in the office complete with a strict jacket.
4. In the coming season, there will be many hand-made imitations, primarily in oversized knitwear (with a reference to hand-knitted) and in the use of patchwork style, which will manifest itself in a new concept of combining materials, when developing colors and creating patterns.
5. The vintage trend will be actively used, which will bring back the hits of the past decades: pea coats, aviator jackets, leather jackets and, of course, numerous retro details of the already mentioned classic style: suit vests, short ties, bow ties, suspenders.
On this wave, corduroy and velvet will remain popular, from which almost any assortment will be created: day sets, streetwear, sports style, casual looks.
6. I recommend that you pay special attention to pictures. The most relevant topics are rhombuses, chevrons, camouflage, flowers, lettering, op-art, bright abstractions, graffiti style, Soviet space of the 60s.
7. But the main character will be the traditional classic costume cage in all its diversity. In the company of pied-de-bul, the cage occupies not only jackets and shirts, but also down jackets and hoodies. The main symbol and face of the next season - the classic XXL long coat - should also be in a cage!