How to make a model out of just a pretty girl? Who to use as an example, where to start and how to instill taste? Lancer of the new Gucci and face of Mulberry's summer campaign, Georgia May Jagger knows the answer to both questions. Having started with a few shots for Sunglass Hut in February, in less than six months she has become one of the most promising and in-demand girls in the fashion industry. But the role of just a girl smiling from the cover is not the limit of Georgia May's ambitions, in the summer of 2015 she intends to visit both sides of the barricades, trying herself as a designer.
- As a girl from a family that gave the world several fashion icons at once, who could you call your idol? Who sniffs you?
- I admire courageous people, those who are not afraid of unusual things. My first and main idol is my mother. She is desperately courageous when it comes to her wardrobe. I'm far from her. When I first started working as a model, she kept trying to teach me to wear things that are much more luxurious and stylish than what I thought was cool as a teenager. Quite a risky move, but I am grateful to her for it. I also like people with their own sense of style. Like Vivienne Westwood, for example. She just wears what she sees fit.
You became the first to publicly wear an outfit from the new Gucci collection. Share your impressions
- Oh yes, the dress was so good that I had to get it! I will definitely wear it again. And the rings too. I like it when my fingers are studded with rings. Actually, it was the most amazing outfit that I have ever had. I think Alessandro is really an amazing person, because he manages to create such things with incredible ease. It's amazing how he does it. In my opinion, it is extremely difficult to accept the leadership of a brand with an established visual image and create something completely new on its basis. You have to be truly fearless to do this.
You recently tried yourself as a designer. Was that it?
- Yes, I have created several models of shoes for Minelli. Nothing special - a few pairs of shoes and sneakers. In August, the line will go to stores and you can see for yourself how good it is. And in September, my leather convertible jacket and handbag, created in collaboration with Burberry, will start selling. I am also working on my own collection of clothes for Reserved.
How does it feel to be on the other side of the industry?
- I liked working for Hudson Jeans. I love to dress according to fashion, I often think about what I would like to wear, what could please my friends, acquaintances and peers who are not indifferent to fashion. This is a subjective opinion, but I suppose many women have similar tastes. The idea of personalized clothing seems to me very promising for business and street style. Personal initials or meaningful numbers make things incredibly cool and personal. This idea was reflected in a series of sneakers that I recently designed. When developing, I tried to rely on the desires of both the male and female markets. Whenever there is an opportunity to bring my own ideas to life, I never miss an opportunity.