Barcelona, December 15, 2014 - MANGO announces legendary footballer Zinedine Zidane as the new face of the MANGO Man Spring / Summer 2015 men's line.
The French athlete starred in the photo shoot. Zinedine Zidane, winner of the Golden Ball award, was twice recognized as the best football player in the world: in 1998, thanks to him, the French national team won the final against Brazil at the World Cup and in 2000 - at the European Cup. He has received many awards when playing for the French national team, as well as when playing in other clubs around the world. The shooting of the MANGO Man advertising campaign was carried out in Madrid, with the famous photographer Boo George and stylist and make-up artist Maria Martinez working in the team.
This is not the first time Zinedine Zidane acts as a model, he commented on his collaboration with the brand: “I have been living in Spain for a long time and therefore I know the MANGO brand well. When I was offered to become the face of the company, I immediately agreed, because I really like it when people wear high-quality fashionable clothes at affordable prices.”
Another famous athlete Gerard Piqué has already collaborated with MANGO Man in previous campaigns. Zinedine Zidane replaces the Dutch model Marc Vanderloo, who, along with Clement Chaberneau, was the main character in the catalogs and photographs of the Fall-Winter 2014 season. Regarding the company, Zinedine added: “MANGO is a great prêt-à-porter company. She gives men a wonderful opportunity to dress elegantly and inexpensively. Often people associate me with expensive brands and think that I only wear Italian suits, but in fact I like variety."
During the photo session, he demonstrated the ability to pose for the camera. Here's what he thinks about the new trends he presented: “All the looks are very stylish, the clothes are made of high quality materials. I have already chosen a few things for myself that I really liked and in which you will definitely see me soon. In clothes, I value elegance and well-thought-out cut. I like to feel comfortable in my clothes.” The casual collection includes garments with geometric prints, patchwork, khaki, sand and ivory knitwear. Black, gray and white combine in floral prints, which are paired with bomber jackets, biker jackets and cropped trousers to create the trend of the new season. Austere suits in gray and blue add an elegant touch to the collection. The Blacksmith line continues to rely on an all-out denim look that coexists with chunky knit jumpers, leather patches, denim jackets and military-style parkas. Also, this line uses fabrics with various textures and scuffs.
Currently, the brand has 207 stores in 42 countries: Spain, Germany, France, Holland, Italy, Great Britain, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Mexico, Chile, etc. During 2014, the brand added more than 90 stores to its network. In 2015, the company plans to open 100 new stores.
The company ended the fiscal year 2013 with total sales of 1 billion 846 million euros, an increase of 9% compared to 2012, and a profit of 120.5 million euros, an increase of 9% compared to the previous year. Due to the fact that the brand is widely represented in the international market, 83% of the sales volume corresponds to foreign markets, and the remaining 17% to the national market.